Vertigo Games is a leading publisher and developer of VR games. We are looking for a Networking Engineer to join our team based in the center of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Join us on a mission to develop and launch cutting-edge VR games internationally and help us on our quest to push the boundaries of virtual reality gaming.
- Write clear, portable and maintainable code
- Work closely with our system engineers to implement and improve our networking game systems
- Versioning and maintaining backwards compatibility of networking systems
- Work closely with our game teams to implement networking for features
- Develop and maintain cloud-based server solutions
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related field
- Excellent demonstrable C# knowledge
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written, Dutch is a plus
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP and higher-level protocols
- Comfortable with Linux and UNIX server environments
- Understanding on networking topics like for example, but not limited to, routing, switching, firewalls.
- A passion for creating games
- Experience working with Unreal or other game engines
- Experience in VR development
- Experience working on mobile or console games
- Experience with recent networking standards (REST, gRPC, JSON, OAuth 2.0)
- Experience with relevant networking technology (SQL, Firebase, Google Cloud, Docker)
Required application materials:
- Zip file containing: multiple code samples (5+) demonstrating your code qualifications and a readme explaining them
Do not: send a full project or github that we have to browse through to find the juicy details
To apply for this position, please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
Due to the volume of replies we receive, we will not be able to respond to every application.
Get notified first when new position become available.