Vertigo Games is a leading publisher and developer of VR games. We are looking for a passionate Performance Engineer to join our team based in the center of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Join us on a mission to develop and launch cutting-edge VR games internationally and help us on our quest to push the boundaries of virtual reality gaming.
- Write clear, portable, maintainable and performant code
- Work closely with our game development team to optimize and/or redesign existing game systems in favor of performance
- Monitor and maintain performance standards for our active in-development products, ensuring peak-performance throughout the development process
- A problem-solving mentality
- Strong experience in performance analysis and code optimizations, preferably within game applications
- Understanding of both CPU and GPU bottlenecks in-game applications
- Extensive understanding of concepts like Draw Calls, Static/Dynamic Batching, Instancing
- Deep understanding with common code bottlenecks like boxing, garbage, incorrect usage of collections
- Experience with rendering, shader development, and graphics hardware and API’s
- Experience with offloading CPU work to compute cores/shaders
- Experience with game optimization for limited platforms (VR/console/handhelds/mobile)
- Experience with relevant profiling/optimization technology (RenderDoc, CoreDumps)
- Experience with proprietary console profiling tools (PlayStation/Xbox)
Required application materials:
- Zip file containing: multiple code samples (5+) demonstrating your code qualifications and a readme explaining them
Do not: send a full project or github that we have to browse through to find the juicy details
To apply for this position, please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
Due to the volume of replies we receive, we will not be able to respond to every application.
Get notified first when new position become available.