principal technical artist
As our Rotterdam Studio kicks off development on our new AAA VR projects, we are looking to recruit an expressive and experienced Principal Technical Artist who can aid us in our mission!
As the Principal Technical Artist within Vertigo Studios Rotterdam you’re responsible for creating and realizing opportunities to increase the visual appeal and performance of the graphics. Working in tandem with the art and tech leads, you focus on researching and implementing new tools and techniques to drive up the quality of the content and the happiness of your colleagues using the toolchain.
Are you ready for the challenges of high-end AAA VR? Then we want to hear from you!
- Drive improvements and maintain the toolchain for art asset creation and optimization that meet the team’s needs
- Innovate on techniques in asset creation that get the best visual results from the target platform
- To act as an inspiration for other technical artists in their growth
- A solid understanding of rendering theory from cutting edge console to mobile
- Deep knowledge of e.g. Unity Engine, materials, shaders, etc.
- An expert in optimization for both high end and mobile, from profiling to implementation
- Good communication skills, in English, across all disciplines and with team and management
- Strong technical insight; from content creation to getting it to run in a game
- An affinity with workflow optimization and knowledge of Python; writing scripts and tools that make life easier
- Substance Painter & Designer experience
- Programming skills in C#
- Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages
- Modeling and texturing abilities
- You are an effective communicator with management and the team
- You’re a proven innovator
- You can adapt to different visual styles
- You are organized and forward-thinking
- You can iterate upon your designs autonomously or with limited support
- You are eligible to work in the EU
What we offer
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan (50% own contribution, 50% paid by employer)
- Free train commuting when living outside of Rotterdam
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Health benefits such as fresh fruit at the office and discounted gym memberships
- Office with a panoramic view, located in the city center of Rotterdam
- For this vacancy, we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU
- Relocation assistance is offered
Required application materials:
To apply for this position, please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
Get notified first when new position become available.