Senior Environment Artist
As our Rotterdam Studio kicks off development on our new AAA VR projects, we are looking to recruit an expressive and experienced Senior Environment Artist who can aid us in our mission!
As a Senior Environment Artist, you build, populate and light levels from inception to completion in conjunction with the level designers. Additionally, you can create high-quality 3D assets for those levels. You also mentor, guide and motivate other artists.
Is this you? Then we want to hear from you!
- Works alongside the art director to ensure consistency in quality and style in the environment art
- Closely co-operates with level designers in crafting a detailed world that supports immersion and the player experience
- Collaborates with leads to identify and commission art assets for external production
- Creates and integrates environment art assets into the game engine, from functional block out to final polish (fully dressed with props, dynamic assets, and lighting)
- Identifies potential performance bottlenecks, addressing them ahead of time and when they crop up
- Mentors more junior artists in industry best practices and personal creative growth
- Coordinates with lead and production to maintain a clear and consistent view of planning
- 3+ Years of console or PC game development experience in an agile team
- Experience in building worlds in engine (Unity Engine preferred). Including lighting, time of day, fog/skyboxes, palette control, and post-process effects
- Understanding of modularity and environment systems used in fast, iterative, and efficient production
- Experience and understanding of content creation and optimization
- Understanding of modern materials and shaders in a high level of proficiency with Maya/3DSMax/Blender, Zbrush, and Substance Designer/Painter
- Strong traditional art fundamentals, e.g. the function of form, color, proportions, and shape
- Experience with mobile and/or VR development
- Ability to create materials (Unity, HLSL) and scripting (Unity Blueprint, MEL, Python)
- Experience with 3rd party tools which can increase the quality and efficiency in how we build environments
- Can create environmental VFX (e.g. shaders, particle systems)
- You have a big passion for Art and visual storytelling
- You love directing players subconsciously using visual tricks
- You are a passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses
What we offer
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Rotterdam
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Health benefits such as fresh fruit at the office and discounted gym memberships
- Office with a panoramic view, located in the city center of Rotterdam
- Group activities (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks
- For this vacancy, we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU
- Relocation assistance is offered
Required application materials:
To apply for this position, please send the above to email@example.com or use the form below.
Get notified first when new position become available.