Are you a Technical Artist that enjoys challenges? Have you always wanted to be a part of a growing team that wants to push technological boundaries? You could be the person we’re looking for!
Vertigo Games is a leading publisher and developer of VR games. We are looking for a skilled Technical Artist to join our team based in the center of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Join us on a mission to develop and launch cutting-edge VR games internationally and help us on our quest to push the boundaries of virtual reality gaming.
- You will act as a bridge between artists & programmers to ensure art assets can be easily integrated into our games without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision nor, exceed the technical demands from working across multiple platforms
- In partnership with the Art Director, it will be your job to find solutions and specify tools for the further development of our Art pipelines and process working with our in-house tools teams
- You enjoy keeping up to date with changes in technology, as well as being curious about new techniques. You are not afraid to evaluate what already exists and be curious about how vertigo can improve our players experience
- Portfolio that demonstrates your experience as a technical artist
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated problem solver of creative issues within technical constraints
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes such as PBR, Lodding and Optimizing.
- Excellent communication in English (both written and spoken)
- Experience in VR
- Experience working on AAA game titles
what we offer
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan (50% own contribution, 50% paid by employer)
- Free train commuting when living outside of Rotterdam
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Health benefits such as fresh fruit at the office and discounted gym memberships
- Office with a panoramic view, located in the city center of Rotterdam
Required application materials:
- Zip file containing: multiple code samples (5+) demonstrating your code qualifications and a readme explaining them
Do not: send a full project or github that we have to browse through to find the juicy details
To apply for this position, please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
Due to the volume of replies we receive, we will not be able to respond to every application.
Get notified first when new position become available.