Vertigo Games is a leading publisher and developer of VR games. We are looking for a passionate UI Engineer to join our team based in the center of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Join us on a mission to develop and launch cutting-edge VR games internationally and help us on our quest to push the boundaries of virtual reality gaming.
- Work closely with our game designers, UX designers, artists and animators to create well thought out, easy to use and eye pleasing UI for our upcoming games
- Establish and preserve consistency, authenticity and harmony across all systems, user experience and user interfaces
- Develop and create user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX
- Iterate and evolve UI related systems/functionality based on user feedback
- A passion for game development and sustainable software
- A keen eye for ‘good’ UI, its style and beauty, but also, just as important, its readability, usability and consistency
- Expert understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles
- Worked on UI for at least 1 shipped game title
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Experience with Unity’s UI pipeline (after 4.6)
- Affinity with UX design principles
- Experience with other UI frameworks (Hummingbird, Scaleform GFx, QT, IMGUI)
- Know your way in art/design software like Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc.
- Experience creating UI code/systems for limited platforms (VR/mobile/consoles)
what we offer
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan (50% own contribution, 50% paid by employer)
- Free train commuting when living outside of Rotterdam
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Health benefits such as fresh fruit at the office and discounted gym memberships
- Office with a panoramic view, located in the city center of Rotterdam
Required application materials:
- Zip file containing: multiple code samples (5+) demonstrating your code qualifications and a readme explaining them
Do not: send a full project or github that we have to browse through to find the juicy details
To apply for this position, please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
Due to the volume of replies we receive, we will not be able to respond to every application.
Get notified first when new position become available.