Vertigo Games is looking for a VFX Artist with the ability to create impressive visual effects. You will work closely with animators, programmers and artists to develop effects and supporting tools from the ground up in Unity. We are particularly looking for a colleague who enjoys setting his own goals.
We are ambitious, which requires adapting to the existing visual style while contributing your own ideas to the whole. We are looking for someone who is excited about all facets of game development, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
Vertigo Games is a leading publisher and developer of VR games. We are looking for a passionate VFX Artist to join our team based in the center of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Join us on a mission to develop and launch cutting-edge VR games internationally and help us on our quest to push the boundaries of virtual reality gaming.
- Creating a variety of visuals effect by using all techniques necessary to create high quality visuals and good performance
- Collaborating with a dedicated team with high ambitions about visuals and physical integrity
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a level of mastery in VFX art and design.
- Programming proficiency – tools as well as shaders
- Experience with PhotoShop, Maya, Blender, 3DS Max…. and a willingness to learn new tools.
- Familiarity with Unity
- Great communication skills.
- Experience in VR
- Familiarity with Unreal
- Experience working on AAA game titles
what we offer
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan (50% own contribution, 50% paid by employer)
- Free train commuting when living outside of Rotterdam
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Health benefits such as fresh fruit at the office and discounted gym memberships
- Office with a panoramic view, located in the city center of Rotterdam
Required application materials:
- Zip file containing: multiple code samples (5+) demonstrating your code qualifications and a readme explaining them
Do not: send a full project or github that we have to browse through to find the juicy details
To apply for this position, please send the above to email@example.com or use the form below.
Due to the volume of replies we receive, we will not be able to respond to every application.
Get notified first when new position become available.